I made a really terrible looking favicon for my website, and immediately removed it afterwards. But Chrome would keep displaying that favicon no matter what, even if I cleared the cache. So I found a solution:
1. Fire up a command prompt (
Win+ R, then type “
2. Change directory to
C:\Users\[YourUserName]\AppData\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\ with
"cd C:\Users\[YourUserName]\AppData\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\"
3. Delete the icon cache by typing
Voila, it works!
Turns out, the reason why gcc was unable to find header files is because VirtualBox’s virtual network adapter is crap and kept dropping connections while the compiletc extensions were being downloaded. A bit anti-climactic, I’d say.
So all I needed to do was
tce-load -wil compiletc a couple more times before…
TCL is very awesome. But, using a VM all the time isn’t.
For some reason, Intel VT is disabled on this computer. Because of this, VirtualBox cannot run any of my (64-bit) Linux images. Now since I’m too lazy to reboot and turn VT on, I downloaded TinyCore Linux after looking at a bunch of small *nix systems. It’s not the first time I’ve looked at it, though. I’ve been following the project since 2013. But never really got the time to do anything with it.
btw, the reason I was trying to run Linux in the first place is that Code::Blocks+mingw being too crappy for C. Though it does work absolutely fine with C++. My first thoughts were about using my favourite DSL, but that would be too boring. Part of the reason why I wanted to get a small distribution, apart from the obvious data savings, was speed. And it was fast, alright.
Installing nano was a breeze. gcc, not so much. After wasting some time trying to get it right, I looked around on the forums. Turns out, you need to
tce-load -wi compiletc. It did the trick. Although there is a catch. You still need to load extensions into memory, from the AppBrowser (or use
That said, gcc cannot find headers; so the whole thing is still pretty much useless for now. Need to do something about that.
Tested on a Micromax A120.
To enter recovery mode :
1. Turn off your phone.
2. Press and hold Lock, VolumeUp and VolumeDown simultaneously.
3. Press VolumeUp to go into recovery mode
4. After the device boots into recovery mode, press any key to bring up the menu.